Saturday, September 1, 2012

Nesting? Maybe, maybe not.

I've been so lazy this pregnancy it is unbelievable.  I don't know if it's advanced maternal age or maybe just having to take care of a spunky 4 year old but man have I been sapped for energy.
I can say I've had grand plans to make a ton of cute things for the baby that I've seen on blogs or pinterest.  Guess how many I've done?  Yep, one.

I have a little over 10 or so weeks left and I barely just started trying to get a nursery area set up in Finley's room.  I guess part of it is that I had to paint 2 dressers and the inside of the closet.  After all the painting I've done in the last year the idea of painting anything makes me want to curl up in a ball and take a nap.

I decided to start out my nesting with a quick little sewing project I saw on Dana's blog Made.  With Finley I made some of those cute little burp rags where you sew cute fabric onto a gerber pre-fold diaper.  While I liked those a ton I wanted to try something a little different with this baby.

The new ones are just flannel on one side with chenille on the other side.  I did sandwich another layer of flannel in the middle to boost absorbancy.  For the middle layer of flannel I cut up a bunch of Finley's old swaddle blankets which I thought was a rather touching idea.

Oh, and the reason I made a ton of them is that Finley was a huge spitter upper and we went through a gazillion rags a day with her.  So if this next one is anything like her I will be prepared.
Just a little reminder picture of Finley the spitter upper.  This image is both a bit fascinating and disgusting at the same time. 



Ok, sorry about that.   Here are the cute little burp rags I made.








2 comments:

  1. those look great! Beautiful job, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look awesome! So much more absorbent than the prefolds. I made some of those and was like boo, these suck. Might have to try some your way!

    ReplyDelete