Monday, July 30, 2012


New ironing board cover and a peak at my belly

Birthday celebration complete with balloons

Hippie art

What my dresser looks like more often than not

Giving into a craving

Family vacation to Radiator Springs

Stripes do make you look bigger

Wednesday, July 18, 2012


On the way to the 4th of July party at summer school

My lovely family on the 4th of July

He has taken over Clowns bed

Good thing nobody else wants to sit on the couch

Swimming lessons

Cody got some clean water and new "plants"

Now we have one for everyone in the family

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Guess what?

I finally did something around the house.

Not only have I been completely lazy because of this pregnancy, I have been totally burnt out on home improvement projects.  I guess at a certain point I just got overwhelmed with all of the little things and just gave up.

As I was lounging in bed the other afternoon I started thinking about all of the stuff I want to make for the baby.  Most of it involves sewing which in turn involves ironing.  That got me thinking about a project I have had on my list since we moved in over a year ago.

I have this great little wall ironing board in the kitchen that tucks away in its own little cabinet.  The main problem with it is that it was covered in some old nasty fabric.  (Ok, I just spent 12 days looking for the pictures I took of the old nasty cover and now I can't find them.  It is possible that this baby is eating the small portion of the brain I have left.)

Oh well.  Imagine a dingy little cupboard with an ironing board covered in stained what I assume "was" white and blue striped fabric.

I had some paint left over from painting the back door blue so I used that to paint the inside of the cabinet.  I also used the same blue to paint the underside of the board which shows when it is up.  Being one that has nearly everything I used one of the new ironing board cover cushions that I have a whole box of to provide heat absorption and cushion on my newly covered board.

This is where it gets a tad frustrating.  I figured I'd use my mom's serger to serge the edges of my new cover so I didn't have to hem them.  Never mind that I have never used it before.  Well that thing is a pain to thread.  Not only that but once I got it threaded I couldn't get the tension right.  That was 2 hours wasted.  I decided to just zig zag the edges with the plain old sewing machine instead.

Here is how it all came out.  There was a little indention on the inside of the door so I cut and painted some cork to put there for a bulletin board.  I think it came out rather cute.

don't mind the peeling white paint around the bottom edge.  someday the cabinets will get painted too.  someday.

notice someone wanted to get in the picture

Saturday, July 7, 2012



Making a gazillion canvases for Matt


We're getting a little sister!

Canvases part 2

She'll do math for fun but trying to get her to learn to read is like torture

Homemade puffy paint was super fun and easy to make

Sunday, July 1, 2012


Last day in San Diego

My $1 find at a garage sale!

Awesome wool roving my sister made for me

Great deals at the Livie & Luca sample sale. 

A new eye

Clown and her new roommate

Making some art