Saturday, August 6, 2011

My First Pinterest Job

Many of you know the addiction that is Pinterest. You find all of these amazing, fun, creative, and yummy things to do and make. If you're like me you have tons of pins but haven't even tried to make anything.

I like seeing the things my friends find and the things of mine they pin. I was joking with my friend Carrie the other day that we are all going to end up with the same decorations, the same clothes, and the same foods at our parties because everyone is pinning the same things. It's kind of funny.

So the other day I decided to actually put one of the ideas I found on Pinterest to the test. The idea originally came from Ready Made magazine (which I already subscribe to and love by the way).

Some of you may remember the sand box I made Finley a while back. It was an old hope chest that my mom found that had no lid.

I turned it into this. Look how little she was.




















Since we moved to the new house I hadn't set up the sand box because I thought it would be a good idea to set it on pavers this time rather than directly on the dirt like it was at the old house. So last week Matt and I worked together to do this.




















I painted them and he set them. Doesn't it look great? I love the colors and love the way it makes a little ledge around the sand box. Don't mind the gazillion toys in the box with Finn. She wanted every toy "in" the box with her. How she found a space to dig up sand I don't know.







































Eventually I am going to make a little fenced in area with pavers so Finley can have her own little spot in the yard. Something along the lines of this, but cuter.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! It has inspired me to do the same...our sandbox is lookin sorry. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good idea! I love the picture of her in the sandbox with her whole crew!

    ReplyDelete