Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pinterest Again

The big guy in the red suit brought Finley a "big girl" bike this year.  It's not the exact one he had his eye set on but she loves it. 

It's seriously super tough to find a little girls bike that isn't covered in flowers, princesses, or is white and pink.  We figured since this was her first bike we weren't going to spend a ton of money on it either because we didn't know if she would even like it.

We finally found one that seemed to fit her personality.  It does have some pink on it but it also looks like a little bmx bike which I loved. 

I also wanted to get her a little basket for it but couldn't find a cute one of those either.  So my solution was to head over to pinterest to see what I could find.  I came across this cute little basket tutorial on pinterest and decided to give it a try. 

I think it came out pretty good!  It almost make me want to make a big one for my bike.




If you decide to make one there are 2 things I would suggest.  Make the seam allowance on the inner part of the basket a tan bigger than on the outer part.  I had a hard time fitting the inner part in without a lot of bunching.  

I would also suggest putting the velcro strap up a little higher than she suggests.  Mine could probably have been a couple of inches higher.  The basket still works it just looks a little high to me.  No real biggie though.
















1 comment: