Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Thrifty Finds

This past summer my mom saw an ad in the newspaper for a "huge" fabric sale at a local shop.  When we showed up the "huge" sale was a small tent in the parking lot with about 20 rolls of hideous upholstery fabric. 

I wasn't really surprised that I didn't find any fabric I liked since I'm usually pretty picky.  The only saving grace was this box of coats and clark thread.  Only $.25 a spool.  Count me in.


As I was picking out the colors I wanted one of the employees came up and told me I could have the whole box for $25.  I hesitated for a bit because I was thinking, "what am I going to do with a big box of thread."  Well my wonderful mother convinced me I that it would be ridiculous to pass up such a great deal.  Plus, she kicked in $10.

You didn't think I paid $.25 for each spool did you?  Considering there are 494 spools that would have cost me $123.50.  Way too much for the cheapie in me.  In the end each spool ended up costing about $.05 each.

Now I finally have enough thread to try out the serger my mom let me borrow.




 

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a great deal! I love how you arranged them! :) I can't wait to see what you come up with - using the serger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS. Now, make something so I can oogle over that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh
    my
    WORD!

    I am so undeniably jealous right now. Thread is one of my many obsessions!

    ReplyDelete