Monday, January 10, 2011

Dish Sets

So I decided to pull myself away from packing the garage to start on the kitchen. Luckily the kitchen isn't huge so it isn't going to take 100,000 boxes like the garage.

This is what our kitchen looks like now.



























Not too many cupboards, but each one is filled to the brim.

I'm not sure how many dish sets you have but I have 3. Now I know for a lot of people that is 2 too many. But it is so hard for me to get rid of any of them.

Our everyday dishes are Fiestaware which I love. It's so durable and strong that I don't mind Finley using it. Plus, it comes in a bunch of great colors.

Then I have this Taylor Smith Taylor set called "Cathay". So fun and funky.



























The great thing about this set is that I have a bunch of fiesta stuff that matches the pattern on these so I can mix and match if I want.

Then I have this set (on the left) by Farberware called "Park Avenue".



















My Dad gave me $100 for my birthday when I was 18 or 19 and I went over to T.J. Maxx and bought these. What I thinking at the time I have no idea. Don't get me wrong I love these too, but what 18 year old goes out and buys dishes when they still live with their mom?

What I do know is that our new house has about a gazillion cupboards. Even after I unpack all of our stuff there is still going to be a ton of room. Maybe even enough room for another set of dishes. I mean I do really love these Russel Wright dishes.

2 comments:

  1. Dawn, more reasons I love you. I also have 3 dish sets. And I bought dishes with babysitting money when I was 16, you know... for "someday." They were the cutest sky pattern, blue with clouds, and 1 by 1 my "dear" husband broke them until all the "set" was barely enough to cover a dinner with 4 adults. So I packed away 1 of each item for postery (dinner plate, bowl, mug, salad plate) and sold the remainder at a garage sale. It gave me some cash to put towards dish set #4! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey I can't believe you bought a set so early too. That is so funny. I thought I was the only weird one.

    ReplyDelete